Are you tired of your main living area feeling cramped and closed in? Do you hate feeling cooped-up in the kitchen while the family is having fun in the living room or dining room? Over the years, the open floor plan concept has become more popular, and with good reason. It improves the general flow of your house – easily going from room-to-room, you’re able to utilize natural light in more than just one room, you’ll add space you never knew you had, you’ll be able to talk with your family no matter where they’re sitting, and more! What’s even better is planning your perfect open floor concept is much easier than trying to figure out what to do with each room individually. Here’s what you need to know:
- Daily activities of your family
- The space you have to use now that the rooms are open
- The type of furniture you’re planning on using
- This will include kitchens appliances islands as well
- The type of storage you’ll need, especially if you might be eliminating some of the storage space by taking down some of the walls.
Now that you’ve had fun and figured out what you’re looking for, it’s time to bring in a professional designer. The designer is going to take your research and help solidify your final plan. They’ll go through everything you and your family needs and wants from appliances, furniture, paint colors, widening the area, electrical, plumbing, and more. Your designer will work with you to make sure the final design concept and blueprints are exactly what you want for your home. Remember, you’re the ones who are going to be living in this space. It needs to be functional for you and your family. After that, it’s time to bring that design to life and renovate it!
Some Extra Tips
- Think about your current view. If you want more windows and more natural light coming in, now is the perfect time for having the windows upgraded.
- Don’t forget about the HVAC ducts and vents! Your current system might not be able to handle the new space. You might need to have the system upgraded.
- Consider using light colors to expand your open concept space even more!
- If you have art or furniture that you want to be included in the final design make sure you let your designer know so they know how to work it in.
At Solid Ground Remodeling, we’re dedicated to being your remodeling dreams to life! Contact us today to get started on your brand new open concept remodel!